Cultural Alliance to Provide $25,000 Arts Match Stretch Pool for Arts and Culture During Give Local York
York, PA – To promote support for the arts during the Give Local York one-day online giving campaign on May 6, 2022, The Cultural Alliance of York County is providing a $25,000 Arts Match Stretch pool for York-based arts & culture organizations.
The Cultural Alliance Arts Match is available to participating Give Local York 501(c)3 organizations with arts & culture as their primary mission. The Cultural Alliance Arts Match pool will provide a 1:1 match of all qualifying online gifts made through the givelocalyork.org website on May 6, 2022, with a maximum of $2,500 total match available per arts participant.
“As we continue to move out of COVID and back into the world, it’s still the arts and cultural events we’re missing and seeking out the most,” said Kate Harmon, Give Day Coordinator for Give Local York. “And as these organizations work to bring back our old favorite events and new ones without the support of the past years, it’s imperative that we as a community step up to help bring them back – whether it be with our money or our volunteering. We are so grateful for organizations like the Cultural Alliance, and all of the donors across the County, who see now more than ever is the time to work together to lift up the arts & culture and those who create it.”
The deadline for arts organizations to sign up to participate in Give Local York and qualify for the Cultural Alliance Arts Match stretch pool is March 25th, 2022. For more information on Give Local York and to register, visit www.givelocalyork.org
**Once you have registered for Give Local York, no further action is required to sign up for the Arts Match. All arts and cultural organizations registered for GLY will be contacted to participate in the Arts Match Stretch Pool.
Terms for Participating in the Arts Match Stretch Pool
At least $100 in donations MUST be made by credit card through the givelocalyork.org website and designated to your organization between the hours of 12:00am to 11:59:59pm May 6, 2022 to qualify for Cultural Alliance Arts Match. The Cultural Alliance will provide a 1:1 match of all qualifying online gifts up to $2,500 maximum match per arts participant.
If total Cultural Alliance Arts Match participant donations exceed $25,000, each arts participant will receive a proportional share of the stretch pool of funds based on the total dollars raised by the participant in relation to total dollars raised by all Arts Match participants.
Cultural Alliance Arts Match funds are provided directly from the Cultural Alliance and will not be awarded until after Give Local York ends, and will not count in the total for the Give Local York stretch pool.
To participate in the Cultural Alliance Arts Match Stretch Pool, you must:
- Be a 501(c)3 arts organization (or have a fiscal sponsor) and operate exclusively for the purpose of providing cultural programming (defined as production, presentation or instruction of performing, visual, literary or media arts, or history and heritage) and has an arts/cultural primary mission
- Be registered as a participant in Give Local York.
- Serve and be headquartered in York County and is currently in operation and presenting programming to the community.
- Agree to have the Cultural Alliance of York County listed on the organizations Give Local York profile page, acknowledging participation in the Cultural Alliance Arts Match.
- Use the promotional messages/videos/photos provided by Cultural Alliance of York County in our communication/social media to promote the Cultural Alliance Arts Match.
- Understand that the Cultural Alliance is assessing NO fees to provide the Arts Match funds to the Participant.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign currently supports arts organizations and artists that are essential to arts and culture in our community and over the last 20 years has invested over $12 million in cash and $2.5 million in in-kind support for the arts. Through critical operational grants, the Cultural Alliance is the lifeline for arts and culture in York County.
For more information, call the Cultural Alliance at 717-812-9255, visit our website at www.culturalyork.org, visit the Cultural Alliance of York on Facebook, and follow @CulturalYork on Instagram.