In 2020, the Cultural Alliance introduced a new tier of operational funding for arts and culture organizations in York County called Impact Partner. These operational support grants are the pathway for organizations to become long standing partners of the Cultural Alliance.
The application process for the Impact Partnership begins with a Letter of Interest (LOI). You can view a PDF copy of the LOI here. After submitting an LOI, every organization will be contacted to set up a site visit or virtual meeting, where they have the opportunity to speak more in-depth about the organization with the Cultural Alliance’s Allocations Chair and panelists. The highest scoring applicants from the LOI and site-visits will then be invited to fill out a full application for funding.
If invited to full application, the Allocation Panel Score will be used to determine the appropriate amount of funding based operating revenue, capped at $10,000 per organization.
Eligible organizations for this partnership will be:
- physically headquartered in York County, Pennsylvania.
- in good standing with 501(c)3 status from the IRS and incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania.
- In continual operation for at least 3 years.
- Operating with arts, culture, or history as the organizations primary mission or purpose.
- In operation throughout the year and present programming to the community.
Scoring for the Impact Partnership is based on:
- Alignment with two of the four focus areas of Diverse Cultures Connect Us, Arts Deepen Our
- Roots, Arts Help Learning at All Ages & Stages, and Strong Art Builds Strong Community
- • Leadership, Governance and Administration
- • Financial Sustainability
2022 Application Timeline
Interested organizations are invited to apply for the Impact Partnership through the Cultural Alliance online grant portal, Foundant. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of volunteers, and a limited number of organizations will be chosen to receive the Impact Partnership for 2021.
- Letter of Interest opens: January 10, 2022
- Letter of Interest due: February, 11th 2022
- Panelist review and virtual site visits in February-March
- Full Applications Due end of April (for those invited)
- Impact Partners announced early May
Contact Jennifer or Kelley at the York County Cultural Alliance for additional information on the Impact Partnership, or if you have any questions about your organizations eligibility.
Kelley Gibson, President: Kelley@culturalyork.org
Jennifer Glassmyer, Campaign Director: Jennifer@culturalyork.org
Questions? Contact us at 717-812-9255, or send an email to Jennifer@culturalyork.org