Due to receipt of new funding, the Cultural Alliance of York County is pleased to announce the expansion of the Welcoming Communities Grant program to York County with two rounds of grant funding in the fall of 2022, and spring of 2023.
Arts and cultural events are shown to be building blocks for cultural understanding, inclusivity, and to facilitate connection between people. Thanks to a special designation by the York County Commissioners, the Cultural Alliance of York County received a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts to fund events that do just this.
Welcoming Communities York County is a grant program administered by the Cultural Alliance of York County and funded by the National Endowment for the Arts. Grants of up to $2,000 will be awarded to fund events throughout York County which help to create community connection and foster social cohesion.
The Welcoming Communities Grant is NOW OPEN for Letters of Interest
Click here to apply
Letter of Interest portal opens Monday, July 11, 2022. NOW OPEN
Deadline to submit Letter of Interest is Friday, July 29, 2022 at 5pm ET.
Follow-ups will be conducted with LOI applicants if necessary: August 1-5, 2022
Selected applicants will be invited to move forward to full application: August 12, 2022
Applicants will be notified of funding decision by Monday, August 22, 2022
Grants will begin disbursement on Tuesday, August 23, 2022 (pending completion of grantee paperwork)
Download a copy of the Letter of Interest questions to review ahead of time by clicking below:
Welcoming Communities York County 2022 Grant Letter of Interest
Event Styles for Consideration:
Community-wide activities like large-scale festivals and live arts that bring different kinds of people together to share experiences and foster broader connection and understanding (of music, culture, history, language, etc.) Art-making and learning activities for adults and children that provide opportunities for hands-on or in-person growth and learning. Arts/music/culture/music/history/theatre experiences that provide accessibility to residents of various socio-economics and encourage community building and community connections in York County.
● Due to National Endowment for the Arts guildelines, applicants are required to be a 501(c)3. A fiscal sponsor cannot be used.
● Priority will be given to events that are happening in York County outside of York City (as there is another Welcoming Communities grant program available specifically for York City events opening again in 2023.)
● New programs and events, as well as established events are eligible.
● Events must be held in York County between 9/1/2022 and 2/28/2023.
● Events must be open to the public at no cost.
● Event organizers who move on from letter of interest to full application will be required to apply for a federal System of Awards Management (SAM) number (due to funds being allocated by the NEA). Grant payment cannot be made without a SAM number. Read more about this process here.
Welcoming Community Grants program is administered by the Cultural Alliance of York County and is made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. Grant amounts up to $2,000 will be considered, the average grant amount is $1,500 or less. A total of $20,000 in grant funds will be allocated to events occurring in the Fall/Winter of 2022, with a second round of grants being awarded for events occurring in Spring/Summer of 2023.
Grant applications will be scored on the basis of:
• Potential event impact – How will the event contribute to a hospitable community that fosters community connection, cohesiveness, and inclusivity in York County?
• Inclusivity – Whether the event is geared to make all feel welcome, or towards elevating the visibility of a section of the population, inclusivity will be an important part of the grant process. Be sure to demonstrate cultural diversity representation and accessibility to all residents and visitors while remaining free to participants.
• Event planning and management – Whether the event is in its 10th year or just launching this year, the ability to demonstrate the following will be key in the review process: a well-researched and thoughtful planning process, appropriate budget, sufficient staffing and volunteer considerations, evidence of sponsorship support if applicable, will all be taken into consideration.
Additional questions can be directed to (717) 812-9255, or Rita@culturalyork.org