York, PA – The Cultural Alliance of York County is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2023 Impact Operational Support Grants, a one-time operational funding grant open for arts-based organizations in York County. These grants are distributed on the basis of organizational leadership, financial stability, and strength of programming. Impact grants are made possible by contributions to the Cultural Alliance of York County annual campaign by businesses, community members, and foundations.
The recipients of the 2023 Impact Operational Grants are:
- Teaching Museum for the Fiber Arts and Textiles keeps the history and craft of the Fiber Arts alive in York County by teaching textiles to youth and adults. More at www.teachingmuseum.org
- Dillsburg Arts and Revitalization Council, whose mission is enhancing the arts experience for adults and children in the greater Dillsburg Area. Learn more at dillsburgarts.org
- Northern Central Railway of York, whose mission is to enhance the economic engine of York County by delivering historical, educational, and entertaining experiences on an excursion railroad. More at northerncentralrailway.com
- Hanover Area Arts Guild, located in the heart of historic downtown Hanover, PA, is a non-profit guild with approximately 150 eclectic artists and craftsmen, offering new exhibits monthly. More at: hanoverareaarts.com
- The Grotto Community Center is a non-profit contemporary space focused on promoting the development of the arts and small businesses by providing Coworking, artist studios, and private offices in York, PA. More at www.grottoyork.com.
In 2023 the Cultural Alliance of York County also created a new partnership called Pathway to Mission Partners. These organizations have demonstrated exceptional programming and leadership as Impact Partners for the past 3 years.
- DreamWrights Center for Community Arts, whose mission is to provide creative educational experiences through inclusive inter-generational performance and theatre arts programming. Learn more at www.dreamwrights.org
- Susquehanna Folk Music Society, which is a nonprofit education and arts organization dedicated to the advancement, promotion and preservation of traditional, contemporary and international folk music and folk culture. Learn more at www.sfmsfolk.org
“We are extremely grateful for the operational grant, but beyond that, the Cultural Alliance is one of the top organizations The Grotto can align with” Chelsea Foster, Founder of The Grotto Community Center. “The work that the Cultural Alliance does is extremely important for the arts and culture community. They work to elevate and shine light on arts organizations and individual artists with excellence and genuine care.”
Arts and cultural organizations in York County who have been in operation for at least 3 years were invited to apply for the 2023 Impact Partnership. These grants are awarded annually, and organizations must reapply each year. For more information about the Impact Partnership visit www.culturalyork.org/impact. Contribute to the future of these grants by becoming a donor to the Cultural Alliance of York County at www.culturalyork.org/contribute.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign currently supports arts organizations and artists that are essential to arts and culture in our community and over the last 20 years has invested over $12.2 million in cash and $2.5 million in in-kind support for the arts. Through critical operational grants, the Cultural Alliance is the lifeline for arts and culture in York County.