Creative Sector Flex Fund
The Creative Sector Flex Fund, launched in 2023 by the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, provides grants of $5,000 to eligible applicants that provide consistent annual levels of artistic programming and/or arts services in Pennsylvania. Eligible uses of funds are flexible, including the support of applicants’ administrative, programmatic, and project-related expenses.
How To Get Started
The Cultural Alliance of York County is the PPA Partner for the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA) and distributes PCA funding in York, Adams, Franklin and Fulton Counties.
The Creative Sector Flex Fund (CSFF) launches in June 2024 for the 2024-2025 grant year. The CSFF is designed to address the changing needs of dynamic PA arts organizations with average annual revenue between $10,000 – $200,000 by providing grants of $5,000 each to eligible organizations.
Submit a Letter of Interest to determine your eligiblity.
- Arts and Cultural Organizations AND non-arts organizations with strong arts programming may apply.
- Funds must be matched by the organization.
- Grants must be used for programming/expenses in the 2025 calendar year.
rEVIEW GRANT CRITERIA AND GATHER MATERIALS
Read the full grant criteria below or download the PDF: Creative Sector Flex Fund Guidelines
Create Foundant Profile & Submit Letter of Interest
Login to Foundant & submit LOI using the Flex Fund Letter of Interest (LOI) as a reference.
2023 Flex Fund Recipients
Through funding from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, the following 12 organizations recieved Creative Sector Flex Fund grants in York, Adams, Franklin, and Fulton Counties.
- York Art Association
- Downtown Chambersburg Inc
- Gettysburg Brass Band Festival
- Waldo’s and Company
- Gettysburg Community Concert Association
- York Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Theatre Arts for Everyone
- York Jewish Community Center
- Arts Alliance of Greater Waynesboro
- Crispus Attucks York
- The Institute
- The Grotto Community Center
- Flex Fund LOI Opens to determine eligibility: June 1st, 2024
- Flex Fund LOI Due: July 15th, 2024
- Flex Fund Full Applications Due: August 22, 2024
- Flex Fund Panel Review : September, 2024
- Grantees Notified: October 2024
- Funds Distributed: November 2024
Eligible organizations for the Creative Sector Flex Fund will:
- Be a nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation, or a unit of local government. Schools of any type are NOT eligible.
• Be located in Pennsylvania, except for nonprofit, tax-exempt corporations acting as a fiscal sponsor on behalf of an unincorporated group or not-for-profit limited liability company (LLC) that is located in Pennsylvania.
• Have a history of at least TWO years of consistent arts programming in Pennsylvania.
• Have an annual average arts revenue of $10,000 to $200,000.
- “Arts Revenue” can be either the full annual revenue of an arts-focused non-profit OR the revenue of an arts program housed within a non-profit or unit of government.
Grant funds cannot be used for any of the following:
• Activities outside the activity period of the grant.
• Activities that have a religious purpose.
• Payments to lobbyists.
• Cash prizes and awards.
• Benefit activities.
• Hospitality expenses (i.e., receptions, parties, gallery openings).
• Capital expenditures, including equipment costing $500 or more.
• Performances and exhibitions not available to the public.
PPA Partner advisory panels will evaluate applications based on:
• Artistic offerings that strengthen its community culturally, educationally, and/or economically.
• Artists and artistic offerings and services involve and are meaningful to the community being served.
• Relevant arts learning opportunities and creative endeavors for community members.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Value
• Apart from being audience members or beneficiaries, community members are central to the design of the applicant’s work.
• Plans and action-oriented practices toward diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in ways that are relevant to the community, including efforts to reach new audiences.
• Planning processes appropriate to its organization, mission, and goals.
• Capacity to carry out programs and projects as planned.
• Appropriate financial planning and oversight practices.
• All grants must be matched on a dollar-for-dollar basis in cash.
• Match can be raised after a Flex Fund grant is awarded.
• In-kind goods and services may not be used to match PCA funds.
• Creative Sector Flex Funding grant funds cannot be used to match other PCA grants.
Award Acknowledgment Guidelines
-Tagging the Cultural Alliance of York County and Pennsylvania Council on the Arts in social media posts about the opportunity for which funds were granted
-Usage of the Cultural Alliance and PCA logo on printed promotional materials
-Usage of the Cultural Alliance logo on digital platforms including websites
-Announcement of the grant receipt before or after performances relevant to the opportunity
-Any creative way the artist may be able to include a brief message about the Cultural Alliance
Email Rita at firstname.lastname@example.org