Back for the fourth year, Downtown Inc and the Cultural Alliance of York County are excited to announce the application period will open February 6th for the Welcoming Community York City Grants program.
The Welcoming Communities grant program provides financial support to community events that contribute to creating a welcoming & connected community for all in York City, York County, and Hanover – through diversity, accessibility and cultural representation.
The Cultural Alliance’s role is to bring our grant-making expertise, arts and culture group and artist connections, and grant program management to the Welcoming Communities program. For more information, accessibility options, and questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Event Styles for Consideration: Community-wide activities like large-scale festivals and live arts that bring different kinds of people together to share experiences and foster broader connection and understanding (of music, culture, history, language, etc.) Art-making and learning activities for adults and children that provide opportunities for hands-on or in-person growth and learning. Arts/music/culture/music/history/theatre experiences that provide accessibility to residents of various socio-economics and encourage community building and community connections in the area of York where the event is being held.
Applications for all Welcoming Communities grants will be scored on the basis of:
• Potential event impact – How will the event contribute to a hospitable community that fosters community connection, cohesiveness, and inclusivity?
• Inclusivity – Cultural diversity representation; family and age friendly; accessible to all residents and visitors while remaining free to participants.
• Event planning and management – Whether the event is in its 10th year or just launching this year, the ability to demonstrate the following will be key in the review process: a well-researched and thoughtful planning process, appropriate budget, sufficient staffing and volunteer considerations, evidence of sponsorship support if applicable, will all be taken into consideration.
Letter of Interest portal opens Monday, February 5, 2024.
Deadline to submit Letter of Interest is Monday, February 26, 2024 at 5pm ET.
Selected applicants will be invited to fill out a Full Application by Monday, March 4, 2024. Full applications are due Monday, March 25.
Applicants will be notified of funding decision and grants will begin disbursement on Friday, April 19, 2024 (pending completion of grantee paperwork).
- Individuals or organizations may apply. Applicants are not required to be a 501(c)3.
- Priority will be given to events that have not received a Welcoming Communities Grant in 2022 or 2023
- New programs and events, as well as established events are eligible.
- Events must be held in York City between May 1. 2024 and May 1, 2025.
- Events must be open to the public at no cost
Welcoming Communities Grants program is administered by Downtown Inc and is made possible through Better York and the financial support of Better York, Powder Mill Foundation, the York County Community Foundation, and in partnership with the Cultural Alliance of York County. Grant amounts up to $2,000 will be considered, the average grant amount is $1,500 or less.
Additional questions can be directed to 717. 718. 7842 ext 3029
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.